This stunning R56 MINI Cooper S Automatic has the highest spec of a Cooper S we have seen in a while. With Sat Nav, MINI Media Pack, Auto Lights, Panoramic Sunroof and parking sensors, barely a penny was spared when this MINI was ordered from the factory.
As you may have read on many a MINI forum, the R56 MINI Cooper has a few inherent issues of which the buyer must be aware. The timing chains are notoriously iffy and unless replaced before 70kish miles can cause catastrophic damage to the engine should the tensioner break. This is why we replace the timing chain on any R56 MINI Cooper S as a precautionary measure, regardless of mileage and service history.
We’ve also replaced the high pressure fuel pump, water pump and thermostat housing on this MINI, again for preventative reasons. This leaves all issues with the R56 MINI Cooper S dealt with pre-sale.
All of that said, the R56 MINI Cooper S is about as much as you can have in a sub-£10k car. The automatic gearbox is seamless but there are paddles for manual shift. It’s around 172bhp with great torque as you’d expect from the 1.6 turbo charged engine.
Here’s a few bullets for spec and history:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Half-leather seats in great condition – can be upgraded to full for around £450
- MINI Media Pack – Sat Nav, DAB, Bluetooth with colour screen
- Auto Xenon lights
- Chilli Pack – auto air con etc
- 17″ newly refurbished alloy wheels with close to new tyres
- Arm rest (apparently quite desirable!)
- Chrome line exterior
- Piano black interior
- Spotlights and stripes can be added on request for extra personalisation – silver looks wonderful with the Astro Black metallic paint
- MOT until October
- Full independent vehicle inspection
- +Full service history (7 stamps) with new service last month
- Full brake service including new pads
- 6 month warranty – option to upgrade to 18m for £250
In short, if you’re looking for an R56 MINI Cooper S automatic – give us a call, this one won’t hang around long.